Community intervention in Basic Social Services
Training-action program for social service professionals from public institutions and third sector organizations.
Check the calendar for the 2023 editions
Community work as a form of social intervention has long been present in academic and professional debates and in the orientation of many welfare and social services policies. In recent years there has been a special drive to promote the community dimension in strategies to rethink and strengthen social services systems, both those promoted by some regional governments (e.g. the II Strategic Plan for Social Services in Catalonia 2021-2024) and those promoted by some local authorities.
Specifically, the aforementioned Strategic Plan urges to “seek the assembly of community social work within the primary care social network, bearing in mind that any social intervention professional can work on the community dimension”. This dimension means influencing the causes that generate situations of vulnerability, and deploying preventive actions that improve social cohesion, empowerment of citizenship, positive parenting, and independent living and autonomy.
Even so, professionals and social services teams are currently facing numerous difficulties in moving in this direction: an unclear and concrete regulatory framework; doubts about what is community work and what is not; an organizational model that does not facilitate it; a context of tension in relation to the traditional role of assistance; etc.
This training course aims to respond to these doubts and difficulties, based on a practical vision for the different scenarios of social intervention by means of tools, references, examples and experiences of the course participants themselves.
To raise awareness of the community commitment of the Strategic Plan for Social Services in Catalonia (PESSC) 2021-2024. To deepen the knowledge of the framework of reference of community work to basic social services. To provide elements, practical tools and real examples for the application of the community approach to the model of care and the different scenarios of professional intervention.
Professionals who do social intervention in the basic social intervention teams of the social services of the City Councils, Regional Councils or third sector entities, and who want to advance in a more community-oriented approach and orientation in their professional practice.
a) Open edition
- Edition in Spanish. Start date: October 19th. Registration open in the form that you will find at the bottom of this page.
b) In collaboration with the Federació Catalana de Municipis
- Edition in catalan. Start data: November 8th.
Format and duration
In collaboration with the Federació Catalana de Municipis: 12h on-site, distributed in 6 workshops delivered in 3 days. Place: FMC training rooms in Balmes, Barcelona.
10,5h online through the Zoom platform, distributed in 6 workshops delivered in 3 mornings.
We also offer specific editions tailored for municipalities and third sector organizations.
- The community commitment in the Strategic Plan for social services in Catalonia (PESSC) 2021-2024
- Community work and its contribution to the mission of basic social services
- The model of community intervention in Basic Social Services.
- Community intervention scenarios: objectives and strategies
- Itineraries of community intervention to the Social Services
- Strategies for the transition to a more community-based model of care.
Price and registration
- Open editions: 280€ (40% discount for iSocial members). Registration is open until all places are filled. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill in and send the form at the bottom of this page.
- Subsequently, to register for the course, it is necessary to send an email to email@example.com with the PDF or image of the proof of payment for the course (270€). Payment must be made by bank transfer to the CaixaBank account ES20 2100 0963 6102 0029 3169, made out to the iSocial Foundation, indicating the name of the person registering and the course in the concept.
Once the form has been sent, the place will be reserved for one week. If the indicated documentation has not been received after this period, the availability of places will not be guaranteed.
The iSocial Foundation does not guarantee that this training activity will take place if a minimum number of students is not reached. Once the registration has been formalised, the registration fee will not be refunded unless the organisation cancels the training activity.
- Editions in collaboration with the Federació Catalana de Municipis: free registration for professionals of the Catalan local administration. The application form for registration opens one month before each edition.
- For editions on demand, the full course is priced at €2,290 and allows the participation of teams of up to 25 professionals.
This training is bonusable.
Social consultant with training in social education, gender studies and group facilitation. Specialized in community work in the field of social services, she carries out trainings, supervisions and accompaniments to strengthen community orientation and transversal work in social services and projects. Co-author of the “Document of bases for a reference framework for community work in basic social services” (Department of Social Rights, 2022).