Digital tool for homeless people, and for professionals from public services and social organisations that support and accompany them. In App and Webapp formats.
The digital tool NIDUS has been developed by the iSocial Foundation and is available to homeless people, public social services and social organisations that wish to use it.
For the homeless person:
- Digital Safe for the secure storage of a digital copy of their important documentation
- Access to the Digital Safe in a private and secure way (with pattern or password).
- Consultation of any stored documentation, both from a mobile device (with or without a network connection) and from a computer connected to the network.
- Sharing with QR or sending documents to third parties to carry out administrative procedures or for other needs.
- Password retrieval at a social services centre or social institution
- Permanent remote contact with social professionals
- Receipt of notifications (automatic or manual) about needs and procedures related to the digital copies of the saved documents
For professionals in public social services or the third sector:
- Registration of the homeless or vulnerable person using the application.
- Scanning and uploading of documents in the Digital Safe of each user and incorporation of meta-data.
- Ability to communicate with the user at any time and to send manual notifications related to stored documents: upcoming expiry date, pending procedures, official appointments, etc.
- Secure password recovery and user cancellation service.
- User care in the event that the user activates a support alert.
- It is easy and intuitive to access with the help of icons.
- It enjoys a high level of security, with password or pattern access.
- It is for private use and for the exclusive use of the homeless or highly vulnerable person
- It does not need to be associated with a phone number, an email account or an identity document.
- It is accessible both from a mobile phone and from a computer.
- It remains accessible if the user changes mobile phone, loses it or does not have it
- It offers password recovery in the event of forgetting the password by means of an identity verification system through personalised questions
- It allows remote contact with professionals or social volunteers through the mobile phone
- It sends the user notifications about needs and procedures related to copies of saved documents, generated automatically by the application or manually by professionals or volunteers from social entities or public social services professionals.
Unlike existing free cloud storage tools, the Digital Safe:
- It does not require an email address
- It does not require a phone number or data contract (it will be sufficient to connect the mobile phone from time to time to wi-fi networks or to access via a computer).
- It does not require an identity number (the identity will be verified with key questions personalised by the user and, therefore, undocumented persons can also benefit from it)
- It has a security system to protect against loss or theft of the mobile phone, or attempts at identity theft
- It offers support and accompaniment by professionals or volunteers from third sector organisations or public social service centres.
Interested institutions and entities please contact: