Cycle of reflection “Big Data and Social Services”
Foreseeing and anticipating social needs
The evolution of the structure of risks and social vulnerabilities of the territories, as a consequence of demographic changes, population aging, migratory flows or transformations in the labor and housing markets, generates frequent decompensations in the scope of Social Services intervention, and often people with social care needs are not identified as a population at risk or do not receive adequate social care due to reactive, unplanned and fragmented intervention.
Big Data technology today allows analyzing data from multiple sources with predictive models to look for patterns that are too complex to detect them manually, and identify current and future situations of social vulnerability with total reliability.
Exploring the possibilities offered by the Big Data is now unavoidable for the Social Services sector to have knowledge for planning and decision-making; to advance in efficiency and efficiency; develop more proactive and preventative strategies; And promote the personalization of services.
- Inaugural conference: “How Big Data is helping us to improve the response to citizen’s needs ” (Activity carried out on September 25th., 2019. See a summary of the conference here.)
- Debate: “How can we improve Social Services today through the Big Data” (Activity carried out on October 29, 2019. See a summary of the debate here)
- Debate: “Predictive models and automation in Social Services. Opportunities and critical factors “(Activity carried out on November 19, 2019. See a summary of the debate here)
- 3 Working seminars: “How to use predictive models in local Social Services” (Activities carried out on November 14 and December 17, 2019, and March 10, 2020)
- Closing conference and final document presentation: “Limits and opportunities for the contribution of Big Data to the improvement of social services” (Activity carried out on March 10, 2020) Below you can download the Final Document of the cycle and an article in spanish of F.Fantova with the contents of this conference)