Study that analyzed the consequences of the economic crisis caused by Covid-19 on youth employment, and its impact on social and gender inequalities in the youth population.
The research focused on the youth sectors most previously affected by job insecurity and on the impact that the increasing digitization of the economy may have on social inequalities.
Access to paid and stable work has traditionally been the standard form of emancipation for young people since work allowed economic autonomy, the establishment of new families and moral autonomy. But from the economic crisis of the 1990s, a progressive flexibilization of the labour market took place, which led to a worsening of the working conditions for young people based on temporality, job insecurity and social lack of protection.
A situation that the serious emergency of Covid-19 could worsen, especially in the sectors that have reached higher precarious quotas and in a context of increasing digitization of the economy.
- Identify the effects derived from the Covid-19 crisis on the employment of young people using quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Analyse in this context the factors that affect gender inequality, taking into account different conditioning mechanisms of social inequality and multiple exclusion
- Study the possible strategies adopted by the youth group in this situation from the perspective of young people themselves
- Observe the role of university training to get better contracts, and how youth job insecurity affects access to higher education
- Social impact on the post-pandemic job market in relation to the situation of youth job insecurity in a context of increasing digitization of the economy
- Impact on the productive sector with the formulation of a set of recommendations to favour the employability of young people
- Impact on public policies, reinforcing the transfer of academic knowledge to the public sector
- Impact on academic research through the project methodology focused on interdisciplinarity and the mixed qualitative and quantitative method
Projectes de recerca