Like the control surfaces of aircraft wings, FLAPP! it helps to fly, promotes interaction, and facilitates the exercise of full citizenship.
It is a remote digital support service for adolescents and young people 16 to 23 years old who are or have been in guardianship by public child protection systems, many of whom are or have been unaccompanied migrant minors. FLAPP! is accessible from smartphones and computers, offering to the adolescents and youngsters a kit of digital tools that facilitate their process of transition to adulthood, emancipation and inclusion in society.
At the same time FLAPP! facilitates the work of social workers, Public Authorities and NGO that give them support and accompaniment.
Taking into account that practically all adolescents and vulnerable youngsters between 16 and 23 that are attended by the childcare and protection systems or by other socio-educational organizations have a smartphone, FLAPP! takes advantage of the potential that digital technology offers today to innovate in the services and socio-educational resources made available to this group, providing a digital platform that contains a set of tools adapted to their reality and that of our society, which allow to offer solutions some of the difficulties experienced by these adolescents and young people in the various stages they go through, whether they have arrived from other countries or not, whether they are o have been un guardianship, or with other vulnerable profiles.
The FLAPP! digital toolkit has been codesigned in a participatory way with more than 120 adolescents and youngsters from different origins and situations, with educators and social workers from the public care and protection system, and with academic experts in the socio-educational, technological, ethical and legal aspects. Once the tools were developed, five in total, they have been experimented, evaluated and improved with the participation of these same adolescents and youngsters, with the accompaniment of educators and with the follow-up of external evaluators.
FLAPP! is in the process of being used by un increasing number of NGO and public services in Spain.
- Help the social NGOs and the public protection systems in their work of support and accompaniment to adolescents and young people with emancipation and inclusion needs in their transition to adulthood.
- Provide to vulnerable adolescents and youngsters a better access to the network of existing resources for emancipation and inclusion in society.
- Offer a new information and communication channel between adolescents and young people and the youth workers, the public administrations and social NGOs that support them.
- Offer to the vulnerable adolescents and youngsters a safe and private environment where to keep important documentation and information, and from which to carry out administrative procedures
- An application accessible from mobile and computer, synchronized in the cloud
- Five digital tools for adolescents and youngsters with emancipation and inclusion needs managed with the support of their reference youth workers
- Web application with support tools for social NGOs and public protection systems
- Network of registration points in the territory
- Some features are still active without network connection
In collaboration with